5 Things Every Homeowner Should Do This SpringMar 27, 2019
Spring has officially arrived in Kansas City, and it’s time to make improvements to your home’s exterior. It was a brutal winter this year, so you may need to take some time to check out how the harsh winter conditions may have impacted your home. Here are five things every homeowner in Kansas and Missouri need to do this spring.
Spring Exterior Home Maintenance To-Do List
- Gutters. Clean out your gutters. Repair anything that’s loose. Clogged gutters can damage your home’s eaves and foundation when rainwater overflows.
- Roof. Blow away debris like leaves and branches, and look for any signs of damage to your roof. Inspect your roof and replace damaged shingles. Give us a call if you think you need a roof. We’ll check it out at no cost to you.
- Siding. Use a long-handled brush and garden hose or pressure washer to clean the outside of your house. Then determine if your whole house needs repainting. If painting seems daunting, consider a more long-term, no maintenance option like having us install vinyl siding or seamless polymer siding.
- Windows. Debris and film builds up on windows. Using equal parts vinegar and water, carefully spray solution onto window panes and wipe with a damp washcloth followed by a microfiber cloth to dry and prevent streaks. Are your windows damaged, warped, or broken? Check the seals–do you feel air coming in? It may be time to replace those windows.
- Deck. Clean and refinish your deck if needed. Look for rotten boards and nails protruding. A traditional wood deck is vulnerable to harsh weather conditions year round. For a virtually maintenance-free type of deck, consider our quality deck options.
Maintaining your home is important. If you decide it’s time to replace your siding, windows, gutters, roof, or deck, we suggest you hire trusted professionals to get the job done correctly. We are ready to help you take pride in your home this spring, and you can have peace of mind that professionals at Continental Siding will take care of you and your home.
This article was brought to you by Continental Siding in Kansas City, your Midwest vinyl and polymer siding company. We’re a leading provider of home improvement products and services that aim to keep homes looking great and performing well.