The Benefits of a Beautiful and Durable Garage Door
In early January and times of below zero temperatures, there are many reasons why durable garage doors are beneficial. Some of those include protection for your automobiles from the elements and also as a storage area for lawn implements, bicycles and a variety or the miscellaneous items that never seem to have a proper storage place. Over the years, garage door options have grown to include versions that are not only durable but add an element of curb appeal as well.
Continental Siding offers a number of garage door options to suit any budget and style. All you need to do is pick the panel design, color, and material and window options. Continental Siding offers three garage door options: Delcraft Plus, Prestige Plus and Continental Siding Vinyl.
Available in short-panel, long-panel and flush options, the Delcraft Plus garage doors offer enhanced safety features. Each of the panel options is finished in a baked-on polyester coat in your choice of brown, almond, sand or white. The embossed wood exterior texture can also be painted the same color of the rest of the structure after installation.
Delcraft Plus Features
- Polystyrene provides environmentally safe insulation that will not break down over time.
- Additional protection from a thermally broken door to prevent formation of condensation on door face
- Minimized noise and protection from the elements with a self-lubricating polypropylene wear seal and in section groove
- Quiet operation from ten ball nylon roller
- Multiple window options, with or without design
This open-back garage door is a model of beauty and durability with colonial-style embossments with pre-painted end/intermediate stiles and 24-gauge steel construction in standard and residential commercial sizes. The maintenance-free finish paint coating is available in brown, white and almond.
Prestige Plus Features
- Wood grain finish
- Inclement weather proofing with continuous bulb-shape weather stripping on heavy-duty G-60 galvanized bottom retainer
- Tamper-resistant locking system
- Limited lifetime warranty on sections against rust-through and inherent defects
- Additional insulation options
Continental Siding Vinyl
These vinyl garage doors are constructed from the same quality vinyl that Continental Siding is known for throughout the Midwest. Vinyl construction eliminates the issues of dents, rust, chipping paint and wood rot. The doors are available in insulated and non-insulated versions and a subtle, neutral range of four colors.
Continental Siding Vinyl Garage Door Features
- Limited lifetime warranty
- 20-gauge powder-coated steel end caps
- Tongue & Groove design
- R value of 10
- CFC- & HFC-free polyurethane foam core insulation
Choosing a Garage Door Panel Design
Flush Panel – A flush panel can be a great option to ensure that the garage door blends in with the surrounding wall. These are typically slightly textured to add a small amount of detail.
Long-raised Panels – A long horizontal expanse adds depth to the length of the door. Use a long-raised panel to enhance the overall appearance of a home’s exterior.
Short-raised Panels – This panel size is typically used to add detail to a particular style of home such as a Victorian, Tudor or Colonial-style home.
Painted Panels – A way to add enhanced visual interest to raised panels. The sloped area of the panel is painted in a contrasting color.
To learn more about our selection of beautiful garage doors, stop by one of our convenient Kansas showrooms in Olathe or Wichita or in Missouri in Independence, Springfield or Columbia to see the selections in person or give us a call at 1-800-533-3880 today.